background

Monday, August 13, 2012

Friends Are NOT a Dime a Dozen

 It's not as easy to make friends as an adult as it was as a kid. The girl can walk up to another kid on the playground and say "I like the slide" and the next thing you know, they're chasing each other around and laughing like crazy. As a grown woman, I can't exactly walk up to another lady at the grocery store and say "I like tomatoes, want to be my friend?" Or can I? Before I had kids I had great friends, great hobbies and a great figure. Then my time started to slowly get consumed by the baby. Then there were 2 babies. I still have great friends, I forgot my hobbies and my figure....that's another place at another time!
Since moving to McMinnville, I've made some great friends and learned some great lessons. Not only about gardening, organic foods, and different parenting styles but about who I am, the kind of mother I want to be and to forgive myself for not being perfect. I've learned how to slow down and relax. Being able to step back and see life from a new view point has given me the ability to fall in love with my kids all over again. Not that I didn't love them already, but I think that there are times in life when focus isn't always in the right place.  
I've been super lucky to be a part of a great community of people who are supportive parents, friends and neighbors. There's been many of times that I have been helped and helped others with things that most would take for granted. Whether it be a ride, garden veggies, clothes, or just a ear to listen...I will never forget the wonderful group of women that have come into my life this past 18 months!

XO to you all!


No comments:

Post a Comment